Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Under the Golden Streets

Golden Mobile sunset

I've often felt that, glorious as sunsets are, how much more glory and wonder there must be on the other side - heaven! This evening I was admiring another gorgeous sunset (No, not this one - I had left my camera at home. I just looked at it with my eyes, and tried to remember it.) when the thought occured to me: since the streets of heaven are paved with gold (Revelation 21:21, "And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass."), our sky, along with the stunning sunset and sunrise colors, must be under the pavement looking up at the bottom!

Into the sun

Now! The peak of color

Sunset from I-10 overpass, Spanish Fort, Ala
This one would have been better if it weren't so fuzzy. I was in a hurry, taking it out the car window at a red light.

Goodnight, Sun

Afterglow
This was taken through a restaurant window, hence the reflections.

And, finally, this "Silver Lining" shotSunset over Daphne

8 comments:

CIELO said...

Beautiful sunset photographs.... thanks for the reminder that one day we'll get to walk streets of gold.... the image brings happiness to my heart.

Blessings to you, Nancy...

cielo

Judy said...

Your pictures are beautiful. How lucky you were to be at the right time and place to capture the beautiful sunsets.

CONNIE said...

There are only 2 words to describe these photos.. truly magnificent!

I wish I was there to see these great beauty myself.

hugs

Wendi (wdslentz) said...

Glorious photos! I love your thoughts about what it may be like in heaven. I never really thought about it being even more magnificent than sunrises/sunsets here on earth. We can only imagine. Blessings to you!

Cherdecor said...

You have some interesting thoughts going on in this post. I never thought about the sunset is as though we are looking at the bottom of the streets as of gold.

I heard another interesting concept about the sun. Men who do not believe in hell, get up every day and look at it. (meaning they believe that hell is in the sun)

We only know in part now but some day we will understand and see it all.

I love your thoughts. They do make me think.

Charlotte said...

Beautiful. We can only imagine what is in store for us in the future from such a powerful and wonderful God. Thanks for sending me the link to this post tonight.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Ruth MacC said...

Beautiful...

Claire DeLand said...

I really LOVE this, Nancy!!!

I don't know that I could EVER have thought of it in this way if you hadn't first, but it just seems to "right"!!!

Your photos are brilliant, and I am so glad you took the time to share this with me!!! I knew while I was writing myself about "sunset" and the evening sky, that there was something I couldn't quite put my finger on and you've captured it right here!!

Thanks again . . . :) :) :)