Monday, September 30, 2013

Autumn's coming

Tomorrow will be October 1. The leaves are beginning to turn and the weather is getting comfortable, even brisk in the early mornings. Now I wear my heavy bathrobe to sit on the patio in the mornings, and cover my legs with a beach towel we haven't put away yet. The pool is as clean as it's ever been, beautiful, but not tempting in this cooler weather.

Got an email today from the neighborhood Homeowners' Association. This community believes in caring for others; it was a note letting us know that one of our neighbor families is going through a hard time and may need some help. I went over there to see if I could take their garbage can out to the curb for them, but they weren't at home. I'm wondering if they were in a hospital.

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

A little late reading this.

It sounds like you and your association were good neighbors.

FancyHorse said...

So nice to get notes of care and concern, and not criticism! This is the first time we've lived in a HMO neighborhood. The rules aren't too strict - nothing about pick up trucks, RVs or clothelines. :-)

I met them today; the woman is in the hospital and the man has a sitter to look after him. I gave our name and phone number to the sitter and she appreciated it.