Saturday, February 1, 2014

Where have I been? Recovering from knee surgery

I had my knee replacement surgery on Jan. 13. I haven't been here since then because it's not comfortable sitting in this chair. I'm making myself do it for a while every day.

I've been doing my exercises and am making progress, but the therapist would like to see more progress. I'm trying to push myself, esp. with the bending. Besides that, I'm on a CPM machine (I call it "the horse") four hours a day, 1 1/2 morning and afternoon, and one in the evening.

Friends from the church and neighborhood have brought us food, and hubby's very good at warming it up and combining things to make meals.

I'll check in again from time to time. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

OK.

God help you with this. Glad things seem to be going well.

FancyHorse said...

Thank you for your prayers, Martin. I especially need them for the bending; my therapists would really like for me to be able to bend my knee further. And I would, too, of course, if it's going to be successful. It is painful (the exercises) and I'm a wimp, but I'm going to have to keep pushing.

Cherdecor said...

It has been a long time since we last connected. I can't remember when that was. I see that a lot has taken place in your life and that you are now recovering from surgery.

I had several surgeries and have moved from PA to Ohio. It looks like neither of us let too much grass grow under our feet!

May your therapy go well and you are back on your feet again real soon. God bless!

Cheryl from Cherdecor